Friday, October 4, 2019

Shadow Cat

Hello and good morning.  I hope everyone has a good day and gets the weekend started right.

My husband has been out of town for a couple of days working.  He is due back late this afternoon.  I plan on having a home cooked meal waiting on him.  And maybe a fresh loaf of bread.

Saturday is my monthly crop day with the ladies.  It is actually bi-monthly because part of us will get together again in two weeks.  Sunday is just relaxing and spending the day with my hubbie.

But enough of that,  I wanted to tell you about my spoiled and silly cat.  Her name is Shadow.  We have had her about 3 years.  She was a stray that just showed up and we couldn't say no to her.  She had been on her own for a while and she was starving.  She has to be able to get to her food constantly, or she will drive you crazy meowing for it.  I think she is afraid she won't get it anymore.


Because of that, we feed her dry food.  It is in our bathroom and she can get to it any time she likes.  Since she was so skinny when we took her in, I started feeding her can cat food to fatten her up.  She will only eat the gravy.  Occasionally. she will get some of the food, it just depends on whether she is super hungry or not.  Now that she is at her normal weight, she only gets a spoonful.  When I go in the kitchen and start messing around she will come in and sit on the floor next to her bowl, and look at me and her bowl. 

I took this picture yesterday, while I was making up the Amish Bread.  She sat there the whole time I was mixing it up.  She can be so silly.  She knows she is only going to get it once a day and usually when we are eating dinner.  But she does try.

If you want to hear about the Amish bread, check out the recipe page, I will be posting the recipe later today.

That's it for now.  Have a great day and weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment